top of page

Tenants Liability Insurance

Tenant Liability Insurance

No matter how careful we are, accidents in the home can happen at any time. For home owners, repairing any damage should be pretty straightforward if they've home insurance. But what about those who are renting a property?

As part of their tenancy agreement, a tenant may be liable for covering the cost of repairing accidental damage they've caused to their landlord's property.

Our Tenants Liability cover provides protection for tenants in the event of accidental damage to their landlord's property, for which they'd be liable for under the terms of their tenancy agreement.

Whether they're renting a furnished or unfurnished property, we've got tenants covered:


  • £5,000 of cover as standard A choice of 6 or 12 months cover


  • Payment methods to suit all needs and budgets, including monthly or annual direct debit and annual credit or debit card


  • £100 excess per claim


  • To be eligible for our cover all we ask is that: The tenant has a tenancy agreement in place for the property they're renting

  • Who is the insurer of your Tenant Contents Insurance
    Our Tenants Contents cover is underwritten by a panel of cherry picked insurers consisting of Axa, LV, RSA and UK General.
  • Who should i contact in the event of a claim?
    In the event of a claim, you should contact your underwriter which will be detailed on your certificate of insurance.
  • Can i transfer my No Claims Discount (NCD) from another policy?
    Yes. If there is more than one person named on the policy with two different NCD, the higher can be used I'm sharing the property but the only one named on the tenancy agreement.
  • Are we all covered by this policy?
    The policy covers you, your partner and any other person permanently living with you under their tenancy agreement (including any children or foster children). The policy does not cover lodgers or other tenants not covered under your tenancy agreement.
  • What is the cooling off period for this cover?
    There's a 14 day cooling off period from the start of the policy. In the event of cancellation after the cooling off period, a pro rata refund will be given if no claim has been made.
  • What is the most i can claim for one item?
    The most you can claim for any one valuable is £2,500 unless the item is specified on the policy.
  • I work from home, is my business equipment covered?"
    Business equipment is covered up to the sum insured for clerical work only. Business equipment is defined as computer equipment, printers, photocopiers, computer aided design equipment, office furniture and furnishings and telecommunications equipment used in any way for business purposes. This does not include any property held as stock.

Tenants Liability Insurance

Protect yourself and your tenancy deposit against accidental damage caused to your rental property.

Tenants Contents Insurance

Tenants Contents Insurance policy has been designed to meet the specific needs of those living
in a rented property.

Contact Us

Want to talk to us about Tenants Liability insurance?
Simply leave your details through the following link and our specialist team will contact you asap.

bottom of page