top of page

Tenants Content Insurance

Tenant Contents Insurance

Designed to offer protection for those living in rented accommodation Whether you just want to protect against loss or damage to your prized possessions or make sure you're not going to be left out of pocket should you accidentally cause any damage to your landlord's fixtures and fittings, we've got it covered.

Our Tenants Contents Insurance policy has been designed to meet the specific needs of those living in a rented property. In addition to providing cover for the tenant’s personal belongings, the policy also includes tenants’ liability insurance which means the policyholder is also protected should they need to cover the cost of any accidental damage to the landlord’s fixtures and fittings. Tenants also have access to a range of optional extras including cover for full accidental damage to their contents, worldwide belongings cover and legal expenses cover Benefits include:


  • £10,000, £20,000, £30,000, £40,000 or £50,000 cover limit


  • £10,000 tenants liability cover included as standard


  • Accidental Damage to TVs and audio visual equipment included as standard


  • Choose your clients excess from £0 to £500 in £50 increments


  • Option to defer first two-months payments at the start of the policy


  • Option to include full accidental damage, worldwide belongings cover and tenants legal expenses

By adding Accidental Damage to the policy, we’ll provide cover for unexpected damage which
happens suddenly, such as spilling wine on the sofa. The maximum you can claim is up to your
chosen contents cover amount.

By adding this optional extra, you are covered for accidental damage or loss of belongings that are
normally worn, used or carried when in and away from the home, such as gadgets, pedal cycles and
mobile phones, anywhere in the UK all year round and anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per
insurance period.

Legal Expenses cover can be added to provide up to £100,000 of legal support to deal with a range of
unforeseen circumstances such as being evicted from the property unlawfully, being treated unfairly
at work, or in the event of a personal injury.



Our Tenants Contents policy provides tenants protection for their possessions. To be

eligible to take out our Tenants Contents policy, all we ask is that:

  • You are at least 18 years of age and neither you, nor anyone to be insured under the policy, have any unspent convictions or prosecutions pending (other than motoring convictions)


  • Neither you, nor anyone to be insured under the policy, have had insurance cancelled declined, voided or had special terms imposed as a result of non-disclosure of information, fraud or misrepresentation


  • The property being rented will not be left unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row and won't be used for business or professional purposes

  • Who is the insurer of your Tenant Contents Insurance
    Our Tenants Contents cover is underwritten by a panel of cherry picked insurers consisting of Axa, LV, RSA and UK General.
  • Who should i contact in the event of a claim?
    In the event of a claim, you should contact your underwriter which will be detailed on your certificate of insurance.
  • Can i transfer my No Claims Discount (NCD) from another policy?
    Yes. If there is more than one person named on the policy with two different NCD, the higher can be used I'm sharing the property but the only one named on the tenancy agreement.
  • Are we all covered by this policy?
    The policy covers you, your partner and any other person permanently living with you under their tenancy agreement (including any children or foster children). The policy does not cover lodgers or other tenants not covered under your tenancy agreement.
  • What is the cooling off period for this cover?
    There's a 14 day cooling off period from the start of the policy. In the event of cancellation after the cooling off period, a pro rata refund will be given if no claim has been made.
  • What is the most i can claim for one item?
    The most you can claim for any one valuable is £2,500 unless the item is specified on the policy.
  • I work from home, is my business equipment covered?"
    Business equipment is covered up to the sum insured for clerical work only. Business equipment is defined as computer equipment, printers, photocopiers, computer aided design equipment, office furniture and furnishings and telecommunications equipment used in any way for business purposes. This does not include any property held as stock.

Tenant Referencing

Tenants Contents Insurance policy has been designed to meet the specific needs of those living

in a rented property.

Tenants Liability Insurance

No matter how careful we are, accidents in the home can happen at any time. For home owners,
repairing any damage should be pretty straightforward if they've home insurance.

Contact Us

Want to talk to us about Tenants Contents insurance?
Simply leave your details through the following link and our specialist team will contact you asap.

bottom of page